If you have a loved one who needs care and support, how can you help them make a safe decision. Nothing is risk free, but by asking a few specific questions you can mitigate the risk.
If you feel that you would be happy living in the home, then check on the frequency of cleaning. Also check on the use of agency staff as this can lead to more outside contacts and the chance of more infection.
Lovat House is a small privately owned home in Wokingham which prides itself on having no agency staff and the health safety and well-being of residents, visitors and team members is paramount. We can assure you that your priorities regarding safety, care, cleanliness and enjoyment are ours too. Lovat House’s dedicated staff ensure that we follow the government’s guide lines with:
1 . Regular testing and temperature taking,
2. Social distancing
3. Wearing PPE
4. Enhanced cleaning
5. COVID-19 training
When receiving visitors, we ensure the safety of our residents by having a designated area for visitors to visit their loved one.
Prior to visiting, Lovat House asks that you take note of the following measures, before visiting a relative in an outside visiting area:
1. The number of visitors being accommodated will be carefully controlled so that social distancing, of 2-meters apart can be maintained. This will be managed by a visitor’s booking system.
2. Children under 5 are not allowed to visit.
3. Each resident can be visited by two family members at a time.
4. Visiting will take place in the garden area of the home, either in the open air or making use of a visiting suite.
5. Garden furniture and or furniture in the visiting suite will be laid out to ensure social distancing can be maintained.
6. Visitors will not be allowed to enter the care home. Either to go to their loved one’s room or use the toilet.
7. It will be essential for visitors to make a health declaration on the day of their visit. This would include checking temperature and confirming that they have no Covid-19 symptoms and have not been in contact with anyone with Covid-19 during the last 14 days.
8. If there are any concerns about the visitor’s health, then the visit will not go ahead.
“I would just like to say thank you to you all for the kindness you showed me while I was with you. I am feeling much better now and intend it to stay that way. Thank you all very much. Wishing you all the best.”
“Thank you all so much for your kindness and care of Alice during the past few weeks. Also you support and guidance to the family over the final days were much appreciated. Bless you all.”
You all cared from the heart and not because it was your job. You were so kind to grandad and to me and my family too. I know grandad grew close to some of you and thought a lot of you. Thank you so very much for everything. With love.